A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Siobhan looking good for an OAP, and my first month

This is a real treat, this is one of my vintage dresses. I very rarely wear my real 50s numbers because they are so precious and well let's face this dress is nearly twice as old as I am, so it deserves to be treated with care.

All my modern reproductions come with names, and I didn't want her to feel left out. She is a beautiful green wild silk with a bamboo print so I called her Siobhan because she reminded me of the emerald isle.

It also marks the first calendar month of the "dress of the day" wardrobe documentary. 1 down 12 to go! And as has been noted, not a single repeat. It seemed fitting that the Siobhan as an original rings in the first month of bringing heel pencil skirts and old fashioned femininity to the world.

I would like to think that I have started to show just how much fun and variety you can have in a 50s style wardrobe. I actually think I get to be more of a chameleon than most women - well except for the quiff and the make up. I wouldn't want Marv thinking I had been monkey-napped.

I'd just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who drops by and reads my blog, it is so nice of you :)

And an EXTRA SPECIAL THANK YOU to Marv AKA Jo for all the lovely photographs you take of me, you are very kind and I hope people appreciate your input and photographic flare, the self portraits are no way near as good.


Dress: Siobhan Emerald green silk with bamboo flower print, dolmen sleeves
Shoes: Kurt Geiger










Fun - Tonight
Merv and Marv Rollerskating Anthem.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, i love Siobhan, she is a lovely dress and very flattering.

    Well Merv, its nearly the weekend, and i think its time for Marv to get her hardware back on the job and take some fantabulus vintage vixen photos for my best friend in the whole wide world

    Marv the Hardware Hippo, AKA Jo :-)
    Let the party start!

    ReplyDelete