A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 18 January 2013

Nietzsche's view on birdcages

Every  now and again it does you good to indulge in a bit of Nietzsche, who most people probably know through the phrase "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Which coincidentally appeared at the beginning of the original Conan The Barbarian. 

He also said the following:

Men have hitherto treated women like birds which have strayed down to them from the heights; as something more delicate, more fragile, more savage, stranger, sweeter, soulful - but as something which has to be caged up so that it shall not fly away.

I live in fear of being caged, my spirit diminished not able to be myself. We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry; and I for one have had more than enough of crying. The ability to sing as in the metaphor of the free bird is summed up for me by Rose F. Kennedy, she buried her sons and her husband. She reminds me why it is so important to sing not cry.

Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?

And so I shall :) 


Today's dress is called Zoey in Birdcage print. I really like the grey and pink contrasted with the deep waist band which is shaped so it flares out on your curves. The two buttons add interest and guide the eye into the dress. The wrap over neckline is wonderful, nothing is escaping by accident which is as is should be. Wardrobe malfunctions - tsk! The straps are nice and wide so you can easily accommodate your bra straps and they are adjustable. Pinup girl clothing we love you for this :) You are my favourite strappy dress maker for this design feature.

A big THANK YOU to Wendy from Retro Glam, I quested for this dress. They are a fantastic boutique in Canada and really their customer service is superb - I cannot recommend them enough.

Dress: Zoey in Birdcage print by pinup girl clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger














I love this song, it just makes me smile when I hear it

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in your soul


No comments:

Post a Comment