A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 31 January 2013

Sweet like Candy, Cupcakealicious

Tonight I am going out for a curry with everyone from work so I wanted a dress that was fun and would put everyone in the mood. You can't do better than a cartoon "snack attack" print. It's month end so it's "go go go".
This dress is just fun, it makes me giggle; it also makes me want to spin around but that's what fuller skirts do to you. It is good fun playing spot the food there are ice cream sundaes, lollipops, cherries, cup cakes, ice cream sodas, hot dogs and french fries and hats before you really even start looking.

I am going to wear one of my fluffy woolen red boleros with it so that I don't get cold. I want everyone to have  fun tonight and I am hoping that the dress gets everyone in the mood from the start.

Circle skirts are great when you are eating out, wiggle dresses and pencil skirts aren't so forgiving. The print is practical fun and chirpy and the red shoes and red bolero will take it from day to night nicely. It finished just above the knee so it is on the short side for a skirt for me. (It is all about the right tool for the job ... the clue is in the name when you want short, you wear shorts)

Dress: Snack attack by Folter
Shoes: Aldo











Photos: Marvellous Marv the Hardware Hippo and Best Friend in the Universe



Sorry No Video just a direct link to the song



No comments:

Post a Comment