A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Tuesday 22 January 2013

For the love of lost causes

Some dates seem to stand out more than others, and this is one of them. 

In 1771 The Spanish ceded the Falkland Island to Great Britain, and to this day we are discussing sovereignty.

In 1879 British troops were massacred at Isandlwana and the Battle of Rorke's Drift commenced. Henry Hook was does a great injustice in the film, by all accounts he was a tea total, family man who was devotedly religious. Maligned and called into disrepute for eternity in the name of entertainment. 

Fantastic movie though. 

If that isn't enough then in 1901 Queen Victoria died having reigned for 64 years. Interesting is it not that to this day there has not been a greater number of recorded Victoria Crosses in one Battle, and the person who introduced the highest honour died on the same date as that battle? Synchronicity?

Today I have chosen my Military Pinup Dress in Black and white, I think the choice and the colour speak for themselves.

I like this dress, the shaping and rouching around the bust is particularly feminine and flattering, accentuating your chest, the contrasting ribbon piping and belt gives the dress a formal feel. All in she is a great little number.

Dress: Military pinup in Black and White by Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger





















Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones




2 comments:

  1. Ooh er Mrs... I love this dress. very classy and flattering :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one that makes the 10 flights of stairs to the office fun, I learned that today.....

      Delete