A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Sunday 20 January 2013

Running the gauntlet. Sunday in a supermarket

Ah the perils of supermarket shopping on a Sunday. I had an encounter last week it was one of those classic moments, as I rounded the corner in WW2 utility coat and tea dress I came face to face with the perma tanned, fake boobed fake lash black juicy couture ugg boot wearer. She got bonus points for the bubblegum pink lipstick and the furry headband Xena style, the bleach blonde hair comes as standard. Next ensued the best form of silent communication. My face exclaimed "OMG! WTF are you wearing?" as did hers, the difference was I didn't have to punch anyone for eyeing her up ;)

I'm playing it safe this week with secretary in Green. I need my heels to reach the things on the top shelf (and no I am not talking magazines). Not only do you have the "high reach" to think about but you also need to consider what you look like when you have to "bob down" to pick something up, whether it be the change that you invariably drop or to reach something from the bottom shelf.

I think this basic dress design is one of my favourites, it is the same base shape as "The Captain" which I wore the other week. I love the broad geometric design of the collar, the wrap top and the matching buttons on the torso. The matching belt nips it in and finishes the dress off. Secretary in green has longer sleeves than the captain and I like them for being 3/4 length. I find these easier to wear because long sleeves don't always look right on my arms (they are long just like my legs)

Dress: Secretary in Green Pencil Skirt by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger


Secretary in Green an all rounder for the gauntlet of the supermarket, bob, bend, weave and reach!














Faith No More seem to fit the bill today!


From Out of nowhere
It's that rounding the corner moment
Mike Patten looked so much better in cycling short than Axl Rose, note to all the guys if you have skinny legs don't wear cycling shorts it is just plain wrong, and women who like men with skinny legs. What are you thinking? 




Epic
The gauntlet of the supermarket, if you forget your heels it is in your face and you definitely can't grab it

Can't say I have walked on broken glass, but I have had to crawl across it on my hands and knees. 




Easy
What Sunday should be...........

No comments:

Post a Comment