A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 24 January 2013

LAWS not just mottos! And a barbed-wire fence

Be prepared immortal words that Scouts and Guides round the world recognise as a good advice in the form of a motto. In 1908 the first Boy Scout troup was founded by Baden-Powell, how fab. I loved Brownies, Guides and Rangers. It was great and it did give me some of my more bizarre skills, I can make an entire kitchen out of bits of tree (wood has been processed), string and if you throw in a bit of tin foil then I can cook up a feast. My specialty is the draining board ;) Seriously though, map reading, camping and all those kind of things. It was great......

Be prepared is the law just like RTFM, it goes beyond a motto, which also holds true for the family one "Invicta" ........

So in best "belt and braces" fashion, which is the ultimate in being prepared for wardrobe malfunction I thought I better wear my jumper or pinafore dress today. I think when worn with the white blouse this has the school girl look to it or is that School Mistress (no getting ideas about the use of a capital M Thank You!). Or as James the Sales Director said "School teacher Jen, every day is a school day, how do you know all this stuff?" Marv stopped asking that question a long time ago, hippos are wise and know we show the way and type super fast because we have tails.  Anyway the whole school thing brings AC/DC to mind. Angus Scott rocks!

You can't go wrong with the combination of the fitted pinafore dress and the puff sleeves and the ribbons. What doesn't this dress do or deliver? Seriously you are covered from below the knee to your neck, but WOW! It is just so girly and cute but at the same time super sexy in the right way. I really do love this dress, you can team it with so many things. 

I don't know why but this dress is just somehow striking and different. Just like me ;) hehe

A dress as Sophia Loren so eloquently said "should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view".




Dress: Jumper dress by Bettie Page Clothing
Blouse: Puff Sleeve Blouse in White by Bettie Page Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger  




















AC/DC Back In Black

I'm cut loose, from the noose,
That's kept me hanging about


AC/DC You shook me all night long

If American thighs can knock you out, 
I wonder what English ones can do?
Answers on a post card please..........



No comments:

Post a Comment