A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Friday 11 January 2013

My Niece, Grease and Candlebras

WOO HOO! My Niece has asked me to be her Bridesmaid, how lovely is that :) I am over the moon, it's awesome. My Niece was my Chief Bridesmaid when I got married so I am touched that I get to be her Matron of Honour. It will be great I can't wait to go and watch her trying on all the dresses, and doing the jumping up and down clapping and giggling thing that I do when I get over excited. LOL (Eyes in the sky monkey with cymbals meets a pogo stick).

She has also asked if I will dance to the zephyr with a shamadan (candlebra balanced on your head) at her wedding. I thought balancing a sword was hard! I take my role as the eccentric Aunt seriously.

Anyway to celebrate I watched Grease which put me in the mood for the good girl side of Sandra Dee. I love this as a take on a college/picnic dress. It is grown up girlie girl dress. I like the white collar with the black tie ribbon at the high neck, but it is the V pleat at the front of the skirt that really adds the interest. The tailoring of the check print to accentuate the pleat is very well executed.

This dress just makes me smile! I can sense a carpet picnic happening this evening.

Dress: The Picnic Dress by Tara Starlet
Bolero: White pointelle pin up girl clothing
Shoes: Schuh



















1 comment:

  1. Love the look and really chuffed you're matron-ing...will be fun. x Caz

    ReplyDelete