A guide to style and good tailoring

Hi welcome to my own unique perspective on what constitutes style and individualism. The vast majority of the photos are taken using a mobile phone camera and I have no make up on.......

I'm in my late 30's and I'm also a widow which probably explains why I look so god damn hot in black, well that and being an ivory skinned pale red head! It also documents my wardrobe, so many people seem fascinated by my clothes and compliment me for how I look wearing them.

It is one woman's campaign against Jeans, Tracksuits and Ugg Boots!

More importantly it's about altering your view on life and trying to do the right thing even though it isn't always the easiest.

This blog is a story in taking pride in yourself and not letting yourself go, or settling for second best because you know what girls? No one really is better than someone if they don't treat you like a Queen................

Thursday 17 January 2013

Storms and the journey of Joan

Twenty two years ago in 1991 - Operation Desert Storm commenced and so began the rehash and replay of the journey of "Joan of Arc"....... Destination Martyrdom. Rehashed, replayed, different characters, different religion. The same pattern with different players.

It somehow amuses me that poor old Joan D'Arc spent most of history as a heretic and witch. Today's dress is called Joannie, it's a reminder that we're a long time dead. Should god exist they're probably not after people killing themselves or other people in their name. An eye for an eye just makes the whole world blind. But then again so does fundamentalism, as the saying goes there is none so blind as those that cannot see.

It takes me back to my Doc Marten day's with ripped fishnets, padlocks, dog collars and safety pins from my nose to my ear! LOL Ahh those were the days.

Joannie is so easy wearing that it is one of the few dresses that can lay claim to having been worn at least once a week for a period of 3 years. It's my "no need to think" dress. I really like the wide bateau neckline with a roll over, I like how it accentuates your shoulders and neck. The dolmenesque sleeves and darts make the most of your bust and the matching belt just nips it in nicely. 


Dress: Joannie in Dusky Rose by Pinup Girl Clothing
Shoes: Kurt Geiger







 


There can be only one song for today

New Model Army: Here Comes The War 



"Do you think we were born in peaceful times? The whirling dervish spinning faster, faster, the centre cannot hold..........."





No comments:

Post a Comment